Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Woke up at 4am this morning!Guess what!The block behind mine facing my kitchen window got a BIG FIRE at the void deck!4 motor bikes parked there were in FLAMES!Is the work of ARSON!My mum was at the kitchen hanging the clothes at 4am and saw a man standing next to the bikes!Next moment, she saw the bikes on fire!She woke my dad up and he was shocked too!Both of them were shouting "FIRE! FIRE" to alert the residents opposite my block and some of them actually woke up and saw the BIG FLAMES!My sis and me woke up after that!My sis was shouting for me as I went to look for my glasses."JIE! YOU COME AND SEE! BIG FIRE"Goodness me!I saw big flames and bikes on fire!Thick and black soot!Small explosions too! Scary!Dad dialled 999 but no signs of police or civil defence team turn up after 15 mins!I called 995 instead after a long wait and I was told that civil defence team is making the way down!Why take so long to come?Sleeping issit? My dad was angry as they took so long to turn!The fire star at 4am but only came at 4.35am!What if there is life at stake?Sigh.......Many people were rushing down from the stairs and many gathered at the carkpark around. Some of the car owners quickly drove away their parked cars from the fire scene as it is quite near to the void deck.The worst hit are those living directly above the fire scene and the 4 bike owners!The black soot blackened the external walls and the windows...especially the units at level 2 to 5!All their bedrooms windows were covered with soot!Not to say...the bikes were all badly burnt! Cannot even see a complete bike anymore! I saw some bike owners this morning looking at the "remains" of their bikes..One of them even took photos..maybe going to claim insurance for the damage.I went back to bed at about 5am!But cannot sleep!So just toss around and rest...Woke up after the alarm went off at 6.20am!What a dramatic morning!
Chrissy make a wish on 10:21:00 AM
0 comments to me